Community Health Data Base (CHDB)
The Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC) compiles local, population-based data for use in health planning, research, education and program development by local service organizations. The full datasets are available to Jeffersonians for use with SPSS or SAS statistical software. Check for locations of public computers with SPSS or SAS. Jefferson students, staff and faculty may download a copy of SPSS.
The CHDB is built around the Southeastern Pennsylvania Household Health Survey, which is administered every two years. U.S. Census and vital statistics data are also included. The Scott Library now subscribes to the data in two formats (Jefferson campus key required):
- Datasets are available for the Household Health Survey (2004-2015) for download in SPSS format (SAS is available for some years); and
- Web-based access to PHMC's Online Data Analysis Tool (2000-2015) and the Online Report Card (2006-2012)
This source of local information is particularly strong because it contains:
- data that can be examined by different levels of geography, including census tract, health district, Minor Civil Division, and ZIP code, as well as by county and region;
- longitudinal data that can be used as a baseline to measure changes in health, social status and access to care over time; and
- data that are community-based, rather than resource-based.
CTL includes CHDB training in its faculty development curriculum and course-integrated instruction where appropriate.
Citation Notice - When presenting this data in any format use one of the two citations below:
Data provided by The Public Health Management Corporation's Community Health Data Base.
Public Health Management Corporation's Southeastern Pennsylvania Household Health Survey, [Year].
For further information about the Community Health Data Base, please contact:
Diana Ryan, Director of Collection Management