Access to Library Services & Resources
Guests of Jeffersonians
Includes/Membership Terms: Guests of a Jefferson student, faculty, or employee.
Access to Scott Memorial Library: Access during regularly scheduled hours. You must enter the building accompanied by your Jefferson host. Present a photo ID to the Security Officer at the first floor entrance and sign the visitor log.
Register for Library Services: With your host, go to the 2nd floor Service Desk to obtain a complementary Guest Pass.
Your Jefferson host should accompany you at all times. If you leave the building during the day, you must show your Guest Pass and photo ID to the Security Officer to reenter.
Passes are valid for one day only, for use until 5 p.m. on the date of issue. Individuals may obtain a maximum of 4 passes per month. An individual membership program is available for more frequent access.
- Use of the Library’s public computers and study space: Permitted with the paid one-day Guest Pass. All computers include access to the Internet and MS Office Software.
- Access to the Library group and individual study rooms: Not permitted.
- Access to the Library and Jeff Alumni Hall Computer Labs and Classrooms: Not permitted.
- Use of licensed content (databases, electronic books, electronic journals, teaching materials): Access to IP-based electronic resources is available on the Library’s public computers..
- Borrowing privileges for Library print materials: Not permitted.
- Inter-Library Loan service (ILL) for articles and books NOT OWNED by Scott Memorial Library: Not permitted.
- Document Delivery Scanning Service: Not permitted.
- Reserve materials and biomedical models: Not permitted.
Center for Teaching and Learning Services:
- Photocopy and laser printing: Ten cents ($0.10) per standard black & white page; twenty-five cents ($0.25 for color prints). See the printing and copying policies for details.
- Databases searches by an Information Services Librarian: Not permitted.
- The CTL conducts training sessions on the use of Library databases and research support technologies. These are subject to availability and no show fees may apply. See topics and details.
- The CTL also provides slides, photography, artwork and other biomedical communication support services. See price list for fees.
- Present your Guest Pass whenever requesting Library services.
- Report lost or stolen Guest Pass to Scott Memorial Library immediately.
- Follow all Library and University policies. Failure to comply with policies may result in loss of Library privileges and removal from the Library.
- Follow Food and Beverage Policy.
- Computer use must comply with the University’s Electronic Communication Policy.
For any questions regarding membership services or privileges, please contact:
Roderick MacNeil, Deputy University Librarian
Scott Memorial Library
Thomas Jefferson University
1020 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107