Access to Library Services & Resources
Includes/Membership Terms: All members of the general public, otherwise unaffiliated with Thomas Jefferson University or Jefferson Hospital.
Access to Scott Memorial Library: Access during public hours: 8 am - 5 pm, Monday through Friday (University holidays not included). Present a valid government-issued photo ID to the 1st floor Security Officer, sign in on the visitor log, then go to the 2nd Floor Service Desk to register and purchase one-day Guest Pass.
Register for Library Services: Purchase a $7 one-day Guest Pass at the 2nd floor Service Desk, for use until 5 p.m. on the date of issue (by presenting a valid government-issued photo ID). If you leave the building during the day, you must show your Guest Pass and photo ID to the Security Officer to reenter. Individuals may purchase a maximum of 4 passes per month. An individual membership program is available for more frequent access.
- Use of the Library’s public computers and study space: Permitted with the paid one-day Guest Pass. All computers include access to the Internet and MS Office Software.
- Access to the Library group and individual study rooms: Not permitted.
- Access to the Library and Jeff Alumni Hall Computer Labs and Classrooms: Not permitted.
- Use of licensed content (databases, electronic books, electronic journals, teaching materials): Access to IP-based electronic resources is available on the Library’s public computers..
- Borrowing privileges for Library print materials: Not permitted.
- Inter-Library Loan service (ILL) for articles and books NOT OWNED by Scott Memorial Library: Not permitted.
- Document Delivery Scanning Service: Not permitted.
- Reserve materials and biomedical models: Not permitted.
Center for Teaching and Learning Services:
- Photocopy and laser printing: Ten cents ($0.10) per standard black & white page; twenty-five cents ($0.25 for color prints). See the printing and copying policies for details.
- Databases searches by an Information Services Librarian: Not permitted.
- The CTL conducts training sessions on the use of Library databases and research support technologies. These are subject to availability and no show fees may apply. See topics and details.
- The CTL also provides slides, photography, artwork and other biomedical communication support services. See price list for fees.
- Present your Guest Pass whenever requesting Library services.
- Report lost or stolen Guest Pass to Scott Memorial Library immediately.
- Follow all Library and University policies. Failure to comply with policies may result in loss of Library privileges and removal from the Library.
- Food may not be consumed in the Library. Beverages are permitted in closed containers.
- Computer use must comply with the University’s Electronic Communication Policy.
For any questions regarding membership services or privileges, please contact:
Roderick MacNeil, Deputy University Librarian
Scott Memorial Library
Thomas Jefferson University
1020 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107