Access to Library Services & Resources
Retired Jefferson Faculty and Honorary (Retired) JMC or SKMC Faculty
Includes/Membership Terms: Retired Jefferson Faculty and Honorary (retired) JMC or SKMC faculty.
Access to Scott Memorial Library: Access during regularly scheduled hours. Present your valid Jefferson photo ID to the Security Officer at the first floor entrance.
Register for Library Services: Register for Library services at the 2nd floor Service Desk by presenting your photo ID. Upon registration, you will receive a letter to take to the Jefferson Photo ID Center. They will issue a Jefferson photo ID card for an annual cost of $15.00.
Present your Jefferson ID Card whenever requesting services.
Renew your registration annually.
- Use of the Library’s public computers and study space: Login with Jefferson campus key (assigned by IS&T). All computers include access to the Internet and MS Office Software.
- Access to the Library group and individual study rooms: Not permitted.
- Access to the Library and Jeff Alumni Hall Computer Labs and Classrooms: Not permitted.
- Use of licensed content (databases, electronic books, electronic journals, teaching materials): Full access to all materials. Off-campus access requires authentication with your Jefferson campus key.
- Borrowing privileges for Library print materials: Full privileges. Please see our borrowing policies.
- Inter-Library Loan service (ILL) for articles and books NOT OWNED by Scott Memorial Library: Not permitted.
- Document Delivery Scanning Service: Not permitted.
- Reserve materials and biomedical models: Available for use in the Library by presenting valid Jefferson photo ID at 2nd floor Service Desk.
Center for Teaching and Learning Services:
- Photocopy and laser printing: Ten cents ($0.10) per standard black & white page; twenty-five cents ($0.25 for color prints). See the printing and copying policies for details.
- Databases searches by an Information Services Librarian: Available for $60 per topic, plus any applicable online fees, for up to 25 topics per year.
Scott Memorial Library has access to hundreds of databases on a wide range of scholarly and popular topics. For more information or to request a search, contact an Information Services Librarian at 215-503-6994, AskaLibrarian@jefferson.edu, or use the online search request form.
- The CTL conducts training sessions on the use of Library databases and research support technologies. These are subject to availability and no show fees may apply. See topics and details.
- The CTL also provides slides, photography, artwork and other biomedical communication support services. See price list for fees.
- Present your valid Jefferson ID whenever requesting Library services.
- Report lost or stolen ID to Jefferson Security and the Photo ID Center immediately. You are responsible for all materials charged to your Jefferson ID prior to reporting a loss. The Center will charge a $15. fee to replace a lost ID.
- Follow all Library and University policies. Failure to comply with policies may result in loss of Library privileges and removal from the Library.
- Follow Food and Beverage Policy.
- Computer use must comply with the University’s Electronic Communication Policy.
For any questions regarding membership services or privileges, please contact:
Roderick MacNeil, Deputy University Librarian
Scott Memorial Library
Thomas Jefferson University
1020 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107