Access to Library Services & Resources
Includes/Membership Terms: Spouses of current Jefferson faculty, staff, students, residents, fellows and post-docs.
Access to Scott Memorial Library: Access during regularly scheduled hours. Present your valid Jefferson photo ID to the Security Officer at the first floor entrance.
Register for Library Services: Whether you live on or off campus, in order to register for Library Services, you must be accompanied by your spouse to the 2nd floor Service Desk, where you must show proper documentation. Documentation is considered either a marriage license or at least two of the following items: joint deed, mortgage or lease agreement, joint checking account, common ownership of a motor vehicle, driver’s licenses listing a common address, or designation as beneficiary on a life insurance policy.
If you live on-campus, your Jefferson photo ID card must be presented whenever requested Library services. If you live off-campus, Upon registering at the 2nd floor Service Desk, you will receive a letter to take to the Jefferson Photo ID Center. They will issue a Jefferson photo ID card for an annual cost of $15.00.
Present your Jefferson ID Card whenever requesting services.
Renew your registration annually.
- Use of the Library’s public computers and study space: Permitted with complimentary one-day Guest Pass available by presenting Jefferson photo ID card at the 2nd floor Service Desk. All computers include access to the Internet and MS Office Software.
- Access to the Library group and individual study rooms: Not permitted.
- Access to the Library and Jeff Alumni Hall Computer Labs and Classrooms: Not permitted.
- Use of licensed content (databases, electronic books, electronic journals, teaching materials): Access to IP-based electronic resources is available on the Library’s public computers.
- Borrowing privileges for Library print materials: Full privileges. Please see our borrowing policies.
- Inter-Library Loan service (ILL) for articles and books NOT OWNED by Scott Memorial Library: Not permitted.
- Document Delivery Scanning Service: Not permitted.
- Reserve materials and biomedical models: Available for use in the Library by presenting valid Jefferson photo ID at 2nd floor Service Desk.
Center for Teaching and Learning Services:
- Photocopy and laser printing: Ten cents ($0.10) per standard black & white page; twenty-five cents ($0.25 for color prints). See the printing and copying policies for details.
- Databases searches by an Information Services Librarian: Not permitted.
- The CTL conducts training sessions on the use of Library databases and research support technologies. These are subject to availability and no show fees may apply. See topics and details.
- The CTL also provides slides, photography, artwork and other biomedical communication support services. See price list for fees.
- Present your valid Jefferson ID whenever requesting Library services.
- Report lost or stolen ID to Jefferson Security and the Photo ID Center immediately. You are responsible for all materials charged to your Jefferson ID prior to reporting a loss. The Center will charge a $15. fee to replace a lost ID.
- Follow all Library and University policies. Failure to comply with policies may result in loss of Library privileges and removal from the Library.
- Follow Food and Beverage Policy.
- Computer use must comply with the University’s Electronic Communication Policy.
For any questions regarding membership services or privileges, please contact:
Roderick MacNeil, Deputy University Librarian
Scott Memorial Library
Thomas Jefferson University
1020 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107