Access to Library Services & Resources
Includes/Membership Terms: All alumni of Thomas Jefferson University and medical staff who completed their residency or fellowship at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Access to Scott Memorial Library: Free access during regularly scheduled hours. Present your blue TJU Alumni card or your certificate of completion of residency or fellowship, along with one form of photo ID, to the Security Officer in the Lobby of the building.
Register for Library Services: Register for Library services at the 2nd floor Service Desk by presenting your photo ID or Jefferson Alumni Card. Upon registration, you will receive a letter to take to the Jefferson Photo ID Center. They will issue a Jefferson photo ID card for an annual cost of $15.00.
Present your Jefferson ID Card whenever requesting services.
Renew your registration annually.
TJU alumni cards can be printed within your alumni community. Register or sign in to your alumni community and click Alumni Benefits to print your card. For assistance, please contact:
- JMC Alumni Association: 215-955-7751
- JGSBS, JSHP, JSN, JSP, and JSPH Alumni Associations: 215-955-6929
- Use of the Library’s public computers and study space: Permitted with complimentary one-day Guest Pass available by presenting Jefferson photo ID card at the 2nd floor Service Desk. All computers include access to the Internet and MS Office Software.
- Access to the Library group and individual study rooms: Not permitted.
- Access to the Library and Jeff Alumni Hall Computer Labs and Classrooms: Not permitted.
- Use of licensed content (databases, electronic books, electronic journals, teaching materials): Access to IP-based electronic resources is available on the Library’s public computers.
- Borrowing privileges for Library print materials: Full privileges. Please see our borrowing policies.
- Inter-Library Loan service (ILL) for articles and books NOT OWNED by Scott Memorial Library: Not permitted.
- Document Delivery Scanning Service: Library staff will scan journal articles from the Library’s print collection. Requests are $5.00 each and must be submitted online. Orders are filled within 24 hours, Monday - Friday, and PDFs are delivered electronically through ILLiad. See the Document Delivery policies and FAQs for more information.
- Reserve materials and biomedical models: Available for use in the Library by presenting valid Jefferson photo ID at 2nd floor Service Desk.
Center for Teaching and Learning Services:
- Photocopy and laser printing: Ten cents ($0.10) per standard black & white page; twenty-five cents ($0.25 for color prints). See the printing and copying policies for details.
- Databases searches by an Information Services Librarian: Available for $60 per topic, plus any applicable online fees, for up to 25 topics per year.
Scott Memorial Library has access to hundreds of databases on a wide range of scholarly and popular topics. For more information or to request a search, contact an Information Services Librarian at 215-503-6994, AskaLibrarian@jefferson.edu, or use the online search request form.
- The CTL conducts training sessions on the use of Library databases and research support technologies. These are subject to availability and no show fees may apply. See topics and details.
- The CTL also provides slides, photography, artwork and other biomedical communication support services. See price list for fees.
- Present your valid Jefferson ID whenever requesting Library services.
- Report lost or stolen ID to Jefferson Security and the Photo ID Center immediately. You are responsible for all materials charged to your Jefferson ID prior to reporting a loss. The Center will charge a $15. fee to replace a lost ID.
- Follow all Library and University policies. Failure to comply with policies may result in loss of Library privileges and removal from the Library.
- Follow Food and Beverage Policy.
- Computer use must comply with the University’s Electronic Communication Policy.
For any questions regarding membership services or privileges, please contact:
Roderick MacNeil, Deputy University Librarian
Scott Memorial Library
Thomas Jefferson University
1020 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107