The most popular download this quarter was a Jefferson School of Population Health capstone presentation: Type II Diabetes and Dietary Preferences in a Rapidly Urbanizing Region of West Africa by Megan Doherty, with over 170 downloads since being added to the JDC April 15th.
The JDC currently holds 7,890 assets which have generated total 1,499,769 downloads. Total download count for this quarter went from 1,331,432 to 1,440,769 for a grand total of 109,337. Content archived in the JDC is being found on the web and download numbers continue to rise. The most recent round of grand round presentations in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, which just concluded and will start again in September, have over 9,100 hits for the 90 archived presentations. And the historical items in the JDC continue to be incredibly popular. From Jan 2013 to the present, the historical items have generated over 31,000 downloads.
The Jefferson community is stepping forward and contributing a wide variety of resources and presentations, including more students works. Here are some highlights from the past quarter:
- 21st Annual Brucker lecture
- Joining Forces Caring for Veterans: Critical Considerations for Interprofessional Health Care Teams
- “Cultural, Economic and Systems Performance Aspects of Mortality”
- Yearbooks from 1945, 46, 47
- Potter lecture
- New issue of Surgical Solutions
- Entire archive of Jefferson Currents Newsletter
- Department of Surgery Grand Rounds
- Pathology Honors Program Student Research Symposium Posters
- 22nd Annual Grandon lecture
- A Historic Grand Rounds, 60 Years After the First Successful Use of Dr. Gibbon’s Heart-Lung Machine on May 6, 1953: “Fond Memories” By Dr. Cohn
- Templeton Grand Rounds: “Tracheal Surgery”
- JCIPE video added to Newsletter
- RNA Matters lectures from Computational Medicine Center
- New Sci-Tech News
- Posters from Jefferson School of Population Health
- New issue of Population Health Matters newsletter
- Latest Jefferson School of Population Health capstone presentations, including: A Policy Analysis to Improve Healthcare Access for Restaurant Workers in Philadelphia and Health Behaviors Associated with Chronic Disease Development and Management among Iraqi Refugees. among other presentations.
- Grand Rounds presentation from Integrative Medicine on Homeopathy: A New Scientific Perspective
- Final grand round presentation until the fall from Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine: Metabolic Consequences of Sleep Deprivation.
Also, don’t forget to check out the Digital Network to search for research by disciplines.
Many thanks to super librarian Emily Dunster, who has helped develop the Jefferson Digital Commons over the past few years. She has scanned many materials from the University archives and co-managed the Jefferson Digital Commons. Emily, best of luck with your travels out west and thanks for your wonderful contributions to the JDC.
Enjoy the rest of the your summer and take time before the busy fall term begins to send content for deposit. Email your presentations, conference posters, handouts, videos, etc. to Dan Kipnis (email@example.com)