The Jefferson Digital Commons is a great place to learn about Jefferson history and to access historical materials from the University Archives and Special Collections. Over the past year (Jan 2012 to Jan 2013) the download counts for select historical assets have been impressive. Here are some highlights:
- Jefferson Medical College Alumni Bulletins have been downloaded 18,705 times and the most downloaded issue dates to Fall 2006 with over 2,962 downloads.
- On the Anatomy of the Breast by Sir Astley Paston Cooper published in 1840 continues to be popular, with 7,409 downloads.
- Our recent scan of the John Plimpton Green letters has registered 487 downloads in three 3 month.
- Thomas Jefferson University-Tradition and Heritage edited in 1989 by Frederick B. Wagner., MD, registered 19,380 downloads with Chapter 58 discussing the Women’s Board totaling 10,928 full-text downloads.
- In summary, select historical materials registered over 63,855 downloads in 2012.
If your department has any historical materials to scan and include in the Jefferson Digital Commons contact: email@example.com.