Jefferson is currently evaluating two finalists for our next Learning Management System (LMS). Please join us for demonstrations of the finalists:
- Blackboard Learn 9.1 will demonstrate their program on Wednesday, June 27 at 12 Noon in Solis-Cohen Auditorium (Jefferson Alumni Hall).
- Desire2Learn will demonstrate their program Thursday, June 28 at 12 Noon in 307 Jefferson Alumni Hall.
Both demos will be followed by question and answer sessions.
Jefferson has used Blackboard as its Learning Management System – known as Pulse on campus – since it was first launched in 1998. Our current contract expires in June 2013 and will require a move to the new release, Blackboard 9.1, at that time. AISR and JeffIT felt this was a good opportunity to select the best LMS for Jefferson’s needs. In the spring of 2012 a subcommittee was formed to review five potential systems. The two finalists selected were Blackboard 9.1 and Desire2Learn.
The product demonstrations on June 27th and June 28th are open to the campus community, and we encourage you to come and learn more about both programs. Sample courses have also been created in each platform so you can preview what they may look like. Use the links and login information below to view these:
- Student/Participant user name: tjustudent01
- Student/Participant password: tJu732tp
- Student/Participant user name: Jefferson.S1
- Student/Participant password: JEFFERSON2934
Faculty interested in using the instructor interface should contact Dr. Tony Frisby for specific account information.