The World Health Organization has published a global brief on aging - Good Health Adds Life to Years.
The brief, issued in support of World Health Day (April 7), reviews existing health data and recent studies to better understand the needs of aging populations.
Key issues covered include:
- demographics, epidemiology & economics of aging;
- risk factors for non-communicable diseases;
- chronic care, impact on families, and independence;
- end of life issues;
- breaking down barriers to full participation in society;
- public health responses to increasing needs.
View the brief (PDF)