Transplantation Research, the latest initiative from open access publisher BioMed Central, is now accepting submissions. The journal provides a forum for the rapid release of cutting-edge experimental and clinical research in transplantation, as well as discussion of ethical issues relating to organ donation.
Among the research topics included in Transplantation Research are:
- organ preservation
- ischemia-reperfusion injury and inflammation
- pharmacological/experimental immunosuppression
- immune recognition – regulation, and tolerance induction strategies
- stem cell research for tissue regeneration/repair and immune regulation
- early-stage clinical trials and clinical trial protocols
- innovative method protocols
- complications of transplantation, including graft dysfunction, tissue repair, infections and posttransplant malignancy
- biomarker investigation
- organ donation and other ethical issues
Types of transplantation primarily included are thoracic (heart and lung), abdominal (kidney, liver and pancreas) and tissue (islets, composite tissue).
Transplantation Research emphasises the publication of experimental research and pilot clinical trials that introduce new ideas and concepts to the field and is directed towards both basic scientists and clinicians.