History of Scott Library
Scott Memorial Library is named for Samuel Parsons Scott, a lawyer from Hillsboro Ohio who claimed to have been cured of a chronic respiratory ailment by a Jefferson Medical College professor. Mr. Scott bequeathed his personal library of over 8,000 books, along with an endowment, to Jefferson and the Library was dedicated to him in 1931. Learn more about this interesting tale.
Scott Library moved to its present location at 1020 Walnut Street in August of 1970 and the building was dedicated on June 9, 1971.
Rendering of Scott Building,
Thomas Jefferson University, 
Dedication ceremony, Scott Building,
Thomas Jefferson University, June 9, 1971
Samuel Parsons Scott (portrait),
For a full history of the Library download this chapter from the 1989 text: Thomas Jefferson University â€“ tradition and heritage. (PDF file may be slow to download.)
Visit the University Archives to learn more about the history of Scott Memorial Library and Thomas Jefferson University.