Student Collaboration Rooms Policies
Scott Second Floor Collaboration Rooms
- Rooms may be reserved for 2-hour blocks at a time. The rooms are only available for use during times when the second floor of the library is open. Currently that is: Monday-Friday 8AM to 2AM, Saturday 11AM to 2AM, and Sunday 10AM to 2AM.
- The computer support for the classroom is only available until 45 minutes before the Circulation Desk closes. At that time a staff member will retrieve the wireless components and return the ID being held. Please be prepared to return the equipment at this time.
- Room reservations will be accepted up to one week in advance and up to 11PM the night before. Same day reservations may not be made online but can be made at the circulation desk. Check V-EMS, the university's space management system, to see if a room is available online at: https://emscal.jefferson.edu/virtualems/BrowseForSpace.aspx Scroll down to view the Scott Memorial Library student collaboration rooms 200B-200K.
- Scott rooms may be used by 2-7 students. Reservations will require the provision of at least two names and one person on the reservation will be allowed to check out the room access card and the keyboard/mouse if needed. A Jefferson ID will be held during the reservation period and returned when the keyboard/mouse and access card are returned.
- Groups may renew once for 2 additional hours if the room isn't reserved by another group, or they may stay in the room until the next group arrives.
- Reservations will be held for 15 minutes, after which the room will be made available to others.
- Groups caught with food in a student collaboration room will be asked to leave the room, any existing reservations will be cancelled, and members of the group will be unable to make new reservations for 30 days. Members of the group will have their names reported to the appropriate dean(s).
- Groups not returning the wireless computer components when asked will have any existing reservations cancelled, and members of the group will be unable to make new reservations for 30 days. Members of the group will have their names reported to the appropriate dean(s).
Third Floor Individual/Pair Study Rooms
There are six small rooms available for individual use or pairs. These rooms are not reserved and are available on a first come, first served basis for up to 4 hours. Room keys must be checked out from the second floor Service Desk and may be checked out a second time if the room is not on hold by another student.
Revision Date: 8/26/13