The NewsHour has a nice run down of 14 people emerging as key players in health care reform. Here are links to the websites of the organizations they represent:
- Senate Finance Committee - Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., is the chair; Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, ranking republican
- Senate Health Committee - Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., chair
House of Representatives
- House Energy and Commerce Committee - Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Calif.
- Speaker of the House - Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.
- White House - Rahm Emanuel, Chief of Staff
- White House Office of Health Reform (just announced; no website yet) - Ann DeParle, Head
- White House Office of Management and Budget - Peter Orzag, Director
- Department of Health and Human Services - Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary
- Congressional Budget Office - Doug Elmendorf, Director
- GOP’s Health Care Solutions Group - Rep. Roy Blunt, R-Mo.
- Service Employees International Union - Andy Stern, President
- America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) - Karen Ignagni, President
- National Federation of Independent Businesses - Dan Danner, CEO
Tags: health policy