Includes: All patients (and their family members) of Jefferson University Physicians or Jefferson Hospital.
Scott Memorial Library:
- Access to Scott Memorial Library:
Access during regularly scheduled hours.
Tour our facilities.
- Access requirements for Scott Building:
Scott Memorial Library welcomes visitors Mondays through Fridays, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (University holidays not included).
To enter Scott Memorial Library M-F, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.:
- VIsitors must purchase a $7 pass for each visit to the Library.
- With proof of current patient status (note from physician or nurse or invoice from a Jefferson practice), patients and members of patients' family may receive a complimentary visitor's pass without paying the normal $7 fee per visit.
- Passes are valid for one day only, for use until 5 p.m. on the date of issue.
- Individuals may purchase a maximum of 4 passes per month. An individual membership program is available for more frequent access.
- A valid form of government-issued identification must be presented for admission into the Library at the time of purchase.
- Show a valid photo ID to the 1st floor Security Officer and sign in on the visitor log.
- Present your proof of patient status at the 2nd floor Circulation Window to receive your complimentary pass.
- If you leave the building during the day, you must show your visitor's pass to the Security Officer to reenter.
- Use of the Library's public computers and study space:
Free access with complimentary one-day guest pass.
The Library's public computers provide MS Office products and full Internet access.
- Use of licensed content (databases, electronic books, electronic journals, teaching materials) which requires a Jefferson Campus Key:
Limited to IP-based materials which are accessible from the Library's public computers. Materials which require a Jefferson Campus Key are not included, however most journals and databases are included.
- Access to the Learning Resources Computer Labs and Classrooms:
No access privileges to computer labs or classrooms.
- Borrowing privileges for Library print materials:
- Database searches by an Information Services Librarian:
Available for $60 per topic, plus any applicable online fees, for up to 25 topics per year.
Scott Memorial Library has access to hundreds of databases on a wide range of scholarly and popular topics. For more information or to request a search, contact an Information Services Librarian at 215-503-6994, AskaLibrarian@jefferson.edu, or use the online search request form.
- Photocopy and laser printing rate:
Ten cents ($0.10) per standard black & white page; twenty-five cents ($0.25 for color prints). See the printing and copying policies for details.
AISR Learning Resources Centers
AISR’s Learning Resources Division provides computer labs, educational software and biomedical models.
No access privileges to computer labs.
Medical Media Services
The MMS department provides slides, photography, artwork and other biomedical communication support services.
- Access to the services of Medical Media Services at standard fees.
- Display the Visitor Pass in plain sight at all times while in the Library.
- Library passes are the property of Thomas Jefferson University and must be surrendered upon the request of Scott Memorial Library staff.
- Follow all Library and University policies. Failure to comply with policies may result in loss of Library privileges and ejection from the Library.
- Food may not be consumed while in the Library. Beverages are permitted in approved containers only.
- Computer users must comply with the University's Electronic Communication Policy.
For any questions regarding membership services or privileges, please contact:
Roderick MacNeil, Deputy University Librarian
Scott Memorial Library
Thomas Jefferson University
1020 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107