Includes: All interviewing students or residents, who are escorted by a Jeffersonian.
Scott Memorial Library:
- Access to Scott Memorial Library:
Free access during regularly scheduled hours. These include weekends, evenings and 24-hour access to the first and fourth floors.
Tour our facilities.
- Access requirements for Scott Building:
To enter Scott Memorial Library as the guest of a Jeffersonian:
- Present a photo ID to the Security Officer at the 1st floor entrance to the Library and sign the visitor log.
- With your host, visit the 2nd floor Circulation Window to obtain a complimentary day pass, which includes access to the public computers.
- If you leave the building during the day, you must show your visitor's pass to the Security Officer to reenter.
- Your Jefferson host should accompany you at all times.
- Use of the Library's public computers and study space:
Free access with complimentary one-day guest pass.
The Library's public computers provide MS Office products and full Internet access.
- Use of licensed content (databases, electronic books, electronic journals, teaching materials) which requires a Jefferson Campus Key:
Limited to IP-based materials which are accessible from the Library's public computers. Materials which require a Jefferson Campus Key are not included, however most journals and databases are included.
- Access to the Learning Resources Computer Labs and Classrooms:
No access privileges to computer labs or classrooms.
- Borrowing privileges for Library print materials:
- Photocopy and laser printing rate:
Ten cents ($0.10) per standard black & white page; twenty-five cents ($0.25 for color prints). See the printing and copying policies for details.
AISR Learning Resources Centers
AISR’s Learning Resources Division provides computer labs, educational software and biomedical models.
No access privileges to computer labs.
Medical Media Services
The MMS department provides slides, photography, artwork and other biomedical communication support services.
- Access to the services of Medical Media Services at the same fees as Thomas Jefferson University customers.
- Display the Visitor Pass in plain sight at all times while in the Library.
- Library passes are the property of Thomas Jefferson University and must be surrendered upon the request of Scott Memorial Library staff.
- Follow all Library and University policies. Failure to comply with policies may result in loss of Library privileges and ejection from the Library.
- Food may not be consumed while in the Library. Beverages are permitted in approved containers only.
- Computer users must comply with the University's Electronic Communication Policy.
For any questions regarding membership services or privileges, please contact:
Roderick MacNeil, Deputy University Librarian
Scott Memorial Library
Thomas Jefferson University
1020 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107