Includes: All individual members of Scott Memorial Library.
Scott Memorial Library:
- Access to Scott Memorial Library:
Access during regularly scheduled hours.
Tour our facilities.
- Access requirements for Scott Building:
Any individual may purchase a Library card for non-business
use. The annual fee for personal use of the Library is $500. The card
entitles you to receive the Library privileges outlined below. The year
of membership begins on the date of receipt of payment. No refunds will be granted once the membership application has been signed and the fee paid.
Individual Member Library cards are the property of Thomas Jefferson
University. They do not entitle the holder to other services within
the University and must be surrendered upon the request of Scott Library
Present your Scott Memorial Library Card for all services outlined
in this agreement; the Library will refuse service if you fail to bring
the card to the Library.
If the Library card is lost or stolen, notify the Library immediately.
You may purchase a replacement for $10. Upon termination of membership,
the Library card must be returned to the Library.
- Use of the Library's public computers and study space:
Access is included in the membership fee.
The Library's public computers provide MS Office products and full Internet access.
- Use of licensed content (databases, electronic books, electronic journals, teaching materials) which requires a Jefferson Campus Key:
Limited to IP-based materials which are accessible from the Library's public computers. Materials which require a Jefferson Campus Key are not included, however most journals and databases are included.
- Access to the Learning Resources Computer Labs and Classrooms:
No access privileges to computer labs or classrooms.
- Borrowing privileges for Library print materials:
- Document delivery service for items OWNED by Scott Memorial Library
Available for a fee of $10 per item.
See our document delivery policies and request forms.
- Photocopy and laser printing rate:
Ten cents ($0.10) per standard black & white page; twenty-five cents ($0.25 for color prints). See the printing and copying policies for details.
AISR Learning Resources Centers
AISR’s Learning Resources Division provides computer labs, educational software and biomedical models.
No access privileges to computer labs.
AISR Education Services
The Education Services department conducts regular workshops on the use of Library databases and research support technologies.
- Freely available, subject to the availability of seats and the same no-show fees that apply to Jefferson students and faculty.
Medical Media Services
The MMS department provides slides, photography, artwork and other biomedical communication support services.
- Access to the services of Medical Media Services at the same fees as Thomas Jefferson University customers.
- Present your Scott Memorial Library card whenever requesting Library services
- Report lost or stolen Library Cards to the Scott Library immediately. You are responsible for all library items charged to your card prior to reporting a loss. You may purchase a replacement card for $25.
- Follow all Library and University policies. Failure to comply with policies may result in loss of Library privileges and ejection from the Library.
- Food may not be consumed while in the Library. Beverages are permitted in approved containers only.
- Computer users must comply with the University's Electronic Communication Policy.
For any questions regarding membership services or privileges, please contact:
Roderick MacNeil, Deputy University Librarian
Scott Memorial Library
Thomas Jefferson University
1020 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107