Includes: All organizational members of Scott Memorial Library.
Scott Memorial Library:
- Access to Scott Memorial Library:
Free access during regularly scheduled hours. These include weekends, evenings and 24-hour access to the first and fourth floors.
Tour our facilities.
- Access requirements for Scott Building:
Organizations may purchase a Scott Memorial
Library Organizational Membership for an annual fee of $2,500.
entitles up to two employees of the corporation to receive the Library
privileges outlined below. Cards for additional employees are available
at the discounted rate of $400 per card. The year of membership begins
on the date of receipt of payment.
Organizational Member Library cards are the property of Thomas Jefferson
University. They do not entitle the holder to other services within
the University and must be surrendered upon request of Scott Memorial
Library cards must be presented in order to receive the services included
in the membership. The Library may refuse service if the Member's employee
has failed to bring the card to the Library.
If the card is lost or stolen, it is the responsibility of the card
holder to notify the Library immediately. If an original card holder
leaves the employ of the Member during the membership period, or if
the Member wishes to change its designated employee, the Library will
provide a new identification card for a $25.00 fee.
- Use of the Library's public computers and study space:
Access is included in the membership fee.
The Library's public computers provide MS Office products and full Internet access.
- Use of licensed content (databases, electronic books, electronic journals, teaching materials) which requires a Jefferson Campus Key:
Limited to IP-based materials which are accessible from the Library's public computers. Materials which require a Jefferson Campus Key are not included, however most journals and databases are included.
- Access to the Learning Resources Computer Labs and Classrooms:
No access privileges to computer labs or classrooms.
- Borrowing privileges for Library print materials:
Yes, full privileges. Please see our borrowing policies.
- Document delivery service for items OWNED by Scott Memorial Library
Available for a fee of $20 per item. Please contact Diana Ryan (215-503-2829 or Diana.Ryan@jefferson.edu) to initiate service. Interlibrary loan services are NOT included.
See our document delivery policies and request forms.
- Photocopy and laser printing rate:
Twenty-five cents ($0.25) per standard black & white page, plus the cost of a copy card ($1).
Photocopy machines and laser printers are self-service, card-operated. Copy cards may be purchased and recharged at the Circulation Window on the 2nd floor of the Library. Please note, copy cards are non-refundable. See the printing/copying policies page for further information.
AISR Learning Resources Centers
AISR’s Learning Resources Division provides computer labs, educational software and biomedical models.
No access privileges to computer labs.
AISR Education Services
The Education Services department conducts regular workshops on the use of Library databases and research support technologies.
- Freely available, subject to the availability of seats and the same no-show fees that apply to Jefferson students and faculty.
Medical Media Services
The MMS department provides slides, photography, artwork and other biomedical communication support services.
- Access to the services of Medical Media Services at the same fees as Thomas Jefferson University customers.
- Present your Scott Memorial Library card whenever requesting Library services
- Report lost or stolen Library Cards to the Scott Library immediately. You are responsible for all library items charged to your card prior to reporting a loss. You may purchase a replacement card for $25.
- Follow all Library and University policies. Failure to comply with policies may result in loss of Library privileges and ejection from the Library.
- Food may not be consumed while in the Library. Beverages are permitted in approved containers only.
- Computer users must comply with the University's Electronic Communication Policy.
For any questions regarding membership services or privileges, please contact:
Roderick MacNeil, Deputy University Librarian
Scott Memorial Library
Thomas Jefferson University
1020 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107